Weddings are performed by appointment only Monday through Friday at 8:15 a.m. At least one of the parties must be a Shelby County resident and you must have purchased your marriage license prior to calling to schedule your appointment.
You may apply for your marriage license at the Shelby County Probate Court on the second floor of the Shelby County Courthouse. The telephone number for Probate Court is 937-498-7263.
What to Expect
Review items to bring and what will happen day of the ceremony:
- There is a $50 fee for the wedding, payable at the clerk’s window following the ceremony.
- You must bring your marriage license with you on the day of your appointment. If you do not have these documents with you the ceremony cannot be performed.
- If you plan to exchange rings, please bring them with you to the ceremony.
- You may bring family and/or friends with you, but you are not required to bring anyone else.
- The ceremony will most likely take place in the Courtroom, but the Judge may decide to perform it in his chambers.