The Sidney Municipal Court is open as we continue to deal with the impacts of the COVID-19 pandemic. The following information concerns the status of the Court’s operations as of March 17, 2020:
- Criminal and traffic arraignments will be continued for at least forty-five (45) days.
- In cases in which the defendant previously waived his/her right to a speedy trial, all proceedings (pretrials, status hearings, show cause hearings and trials) will be continued for at least six (6) weeks.
- All civil trials, including small claims hearings, will be continued for six (6) weeks.
- All eviction hearings will be continued for at least three (3) weeks. All hearings currently scheduled on or after April 13, 2020 shall remain as currently scheduled.
- Garnishment hearings and preliminary hearings will proceed uninterrupted.
- All other scheduled hearings will be rescheduled and a notice of the new court date will be sent to the address the Court has on file.
- The Court will continue to see the majority of jailed defendants via video conferencing. The Court will continue to make every effort to minimize the number of prisoners in jail.
Read Full Order
Sidney Municipal Court handles, for all of Shelby County:
- Adult misdemeanor criminal matters
- Adult misdemeanor traffic matters
- Civil matters with a jurisdictional limit of $15,000
- Small claims complaints to a maximum of $6,000
IMPORTANT NOTICE ABOUT EACCESS
The case information contained within this web site is generated from computerized records maintained by Sidney Municipal Court. While every effort is made to assure the data is accurate and current, it must be accepted and used by the recipient with the understanding that no warranties, expressed or implied, concerning the accuracy, reliability or suitability of this data have been made. The Court, Clerk of Court, their agents, and the developers of this web site assume no liability whatsoever associated with the use or misuse of the data contained herein. By accessing or using this web site, you agree to the terms.