The City of Sidney is a low-cost community in which to live and operate a business. Per a survey of area local governments that included real estate tax, local school taxes, city income tax and water/sewer rates, Sidney was the lowest cost community of all 34 cities surveyed. The City offers many incentives for businesses wishing to expand or locate in Sidney, such as:
- Assistance to Homeowners - The City offers assistance to low and moderate income homeowners to assist with housing rehabilitation and repairs through the Community Housing Impact & Preservation grant and the Paint the Town Program.
- City Income Tax Abatement when necessary to match State of Ohio incentives
- Community Reinvestment Area (CRA) - Real property tax abatement program for residential, commercial and industrial projects that take place within a CRA zone.
- Downtown Rehab Program - Up to a $30,000 matching forgivable loan for downtown property owners making facade improvements or alleviating interior code violations in the nine block downtown area.
- Enterprise Zone - Real and personal property tax abatement program for manufacturing, warehousing and R & D facilities that agree to retain or create employment and establish, expand, renovate or occupy a facility.
- Revolving Loan Fund - provides gap financing for local business development. The goal of the program is to create and retain permanent, private-sector job opportunities, principally for low- and moderate-income persons, through the expansion and retention of business and industry in Ohio communities
- Site Plan Approval - Site plan approval is required for any new construction, addition, or development on any property (except one- and two-family dwellings) as well as any change in use for commercial and industrial uses.
- Tax Increment Financing (TIF)
The city works closely with the Sidney-Shelby Economic Partnership on economic development opportunities.
- Community Housing Impact and Preservation (PDF)
- Community Reinvestment Area Tax Exemption Program Application (PDF)
- Downtown Rehab Application (PDF)
- Downtown Rehab Program Description (PDF)
- Enterprise Zone Application (PDF)
- Enterprise Zone Policy Outline (PDF)
- Financial Assistance Application (PDF)
- Paint the Town Brochure (PDF)
- Revolving Loan Fund (PDF)