View all facilities

Piper Park

  1. 1
  2. 2
  3. 3
Documents

Map of Piper Park (PDF)

About


This park is approximately 0.2 acres and is Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) accessible with a drinking fountain and park benches.

Park Features


  • Benches
  • Drinking Fountain

History


Piper Park is 0.2 acres and is located at 120 S Main Avenue on the east side of the historical Shelby County Court Square. The property, where once stood a building constructed by Samuel Piper in 1893, containing a grocery and bakery, is now a downtown passive green space. The park is available for those who want to sit down and enjoy the view of the Sidney's court square.

Along with a monetary contribution, NK Parts fabricated the decorative fence, and bike racks that are installed on this parcel. NK Parts made these donations to celebrate 25 years in the community. Piper Park was dedicated on July 13, 2009 with City Council, NK Parts, Recreation Board members, and citizens in attendance.
Go to Calendar