In 1998, Congress made changes to the Safe Drinking Water Act which requires entities that produce "potable" water, supply their consumers with a report on the quality of their water. This report is called the "Consumer Confidence Report" and each municipality is required to provide every customer a copy of this report by July 1st of each year.
The City of Sidney, Ohio 2019 Drinking Water Consumer Confidence Report is now available at the following direct Web Link: www.sidneyoh.com/ArchiveCenter/ViewFile/Item/128
After the offices re-open to the public, a hard copy of the report can be picked up at the following locations:
- Revenue Collections Office at 201 W. Poplar Street
- Service Center at 415 S. Vandemark Road
Or, request one be mailed by contacting William Blakely, Utilities Director, at 937-498-8152.
The city is required by law to incorporate the following information into the Consumer Confidence Report.
- Source of the city’s water supply
- Any contaminants detected
- Health effects of contaminants
- Any OEPA violations
- Availability of source water assessment reports
- Specific contaminant educational information
This year’s CCR report will indicate that the City of Sidney performed all of the required analytical tests on the drinking water. All of the contaminants that the city is required to monitor resulted in “No Violations” of the Safe Drinking Water Act Standards.