At 4:07 a.m. on June 17, 2023, firefighters were dispatched to 359 Windsor Parke Drive on a report of a structure fire. On arrival, firefighters found a two-story, home with fire showing in the rear of the residence.
Upon investigation the fire was found on the rear deck of the home with the home owner using their garden hose to attempt to put out the fire.
Firefighters were able to extinguish the fire quickly on the exterior of the home. With fire melting the exterior siding of the residence; no extension noted to the inside of the residence.
Overhaul was completed with crews being on scene around an hour.
The occupants were at home at the time of the fire.
The total loss to the property and contents is estimated at $50,000
Staffing was called in to man the station.
No injuries were reported by firefighters, police officers or the residents.
The ruling of the fire cause has been determined to be accidental, with hot ash from an outside camp fire being the cause.
Eric P. Barhorst, Assistant Chief