City of Sidney Assistant City Manager/Public Works Director Gary Clough recently released a finalized list of roadways to be included in the City’s 2020 Street Maintenance program. The streets slated for improvement include:
- Commerce Drive - St. Marys to Cul-de-sac
- Fair Road - Campbell to CSX RR Bridge
- Fairington Drive -Fair Rd to Fair Rd.
- Fourth Avenue - Campbell to Fair
- Michigan Street - Third to Walnut
- Russell Road - St. Marys to CSX RR Bridge
- Schlater Drive - S. Vandemark to Cul-de-sac
- Countryside Street - Buckeye to Fourth
- Huron Court
- Turner Drive
- Charles Avenue
- Wagner Avenue - Lynn north to end of street
- Montrose Avenue - Campbell south to end of street
- Karen Avenue
- Pinehurst Street - Wapakoneta west to end of street
- Sunshine Drive - Wapakoneta west to end of street
- Lester Avenue - Michigan to Howard
- Gleason Street - Courter to Lester
- Eastwood Trail
- Brierwood Trail
- Plum Ridge Trail
- Timberlea Trail
- Campbell Road - Fourth to Vandemark
The city expects to bid the street improvement projects later this month, with a completion date anticipated before the end of August 2020..
Other streets planned to be paved in 2020, but are part of other projects include Franklin Avenue and Clay Street.
In November 2019, Sidney voters replaced the 0.25% income tax levy that expired on December 31, 2019, with an 0.15% income tax. The new levy will be effective from January 1, 2020, to December 31, 2024.
Click here for a map of the planned streets.