Ohio Auditor of State Keith Faber recently presented Finance Officer Renee DuLaney with the Ohio Auditor of State Award with Distinction for the audit of year ended December 31, 2021.
Entities that receive the award meet the following criteria of a “clean” audit report:
- The entity must file financial reports with the Auditor of State’s office by the statutory due date, without extension, via the Hinkle System, on the Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) accounting basis, and prepare an ACFR (Annual Comprehensive Financial Report);
- The audit report does not contain any findings for recovery, material citations, material weaknesses, significant deficiencies, Uniform Guidance (Single Audit) findings, or questioned costs, with the opinion dated within six (6) months of the entity’s year-end;
- The entity’s management letter contains no comments related to:
- Ethics referrals
- Questioned costs less than the threshold per the Uniform Guidance
- Lack of timely annual financial report submission
- Bank reconciliation issues
- Failure to obtain a timely Single Audit in accordance with Uniform Guidance
- Findings for recovery less than $500
- Public meetings or public records issues
- The entity has no other financial or other concerns
The City has received such an Ohio Auditor of State award since 2004.