During the November 25, 2019, City Council meeting, the City of Sidney was awarded the Ohio Auditor of State Award with Distinction from Joe Braden, the Western Regional Liaison with the Ohio Auditor of State’s office. Braden noted that of the 5,900 entities audited by the Ohio Auditor's Office, less than 4% were eligible for the award.
Entities that receive the award meet the following criteria of a “clean” audit report:
- The entity must file timely financial reports with the Auditor of State’s office in the form of a Comprehensive Annual Financial Report (CAFR);
- The audit report does not contain any findings for recovery, material citations, material weaknesses, significant deficiencies, Single Audit findings or questioned costs;
- The entity’s management letter contains no comments related to:
- Ethics referrals
- Questioned costs less than $10,000
- Lack of timely report submission
- Failure to obtain a timely Single Audit
- Findings for recovery less than $100
- Public meetings or public records
The City has received such an Ohio Auditor of State award since 2004.