At 7:59 PM on March 22, 2021 firefighters were dispatched to 1861 Fair Oaks for a structure fire.
On arrival, firefighters found a single-family home with heavy fire showing from the rear of residence with extension into the attic space. The fire on the rear of the residence was being fed by a nearby natural gas meter. All occupants were out of the residence upon arrival.
Firefighters completed an aggressive interior attack into the attic space while working to extinguish the fire on the exterior of the home. Crews had to work around a down power line in the rear of the residence. The natural gas was controlled at the meter by fire personnel.
The loss to the property is estimated at $70,000 and $15,000 to contents.
A Box Alarm was dispatched to recall all off duty Sidney firefighters as well as Anna Fire Department, Lockington Fire Department and Perry Port Salem Rescue Squad.
Vectren was called to the scene to secure the gas and DP&L to secure the power.
One firefighter was injured during the fire and was evaluated at Wilson Health.
The fire is undetermined at this time and is under investigation by the Sidney Fire Department Investigation Unit.
Eric P. Barhorst, Asst. Chief