At approximately 11:22 a.m. on October 31, 2020, firefighters were dispatched to 836 Park St. Apartment C for a working structure fire.
On arrival, firefighters had a two story, multi-family apartment complex with light smoke showing from the exterior of the building and heavy black smoke found in Apartment C of the complex.
Firefighters completing fire attack confirmed that all occupants were out of the apartment and quickly extinguished the fire.
Sidney Police officers and a maintenance worker assisted in making sure the other apartments were all clear of occupants.
There were no injuries reported by residents or firefighters.
A Box Alarm was dispatched to recall all off duty Sidney firefighters. While responding to the structure fire call a medic call was dispatched and Anna Rescue handled the medic call.
The cause of the fire was determined by the Sidney Fire Investigation Unit to be accidental in nature. The cause was attributed to a light cord that was shut in a door causing it to overheat.
“Smoke Detectors Saves Lives and Call 911 Early”
Mark Barga, Asst. Chief