March 24, 2021
New COVID-19 Protocols for City Hall
“Starting Wednesday, March 24, 2021, there will be new building entry protocols in place at Sidney City Hall,” shared City Manager Mark Cundiff. “Visitors will no longer be required to perform temperature tests upon entering City Hall.”
The following precautions and procedures will be required for all those entering the building to keep both the public and our staff safe during the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic:
1. Visitors are limited to the person or persons who are required to complete transactions with the city. Children will not be permitted to enter.
2. Those who are exhibiting or who have recently been exposed to COVID-19 should not enter the building, but call the department they need to conduct business with instead.
3. Masks are required to be worn by all customers and visitors. If you do not have a mask, masks will be available near the entrance door.
4. Visitors are encouraged to use the available hand sanitizer.
5. Visitors should respect social distancing requirements by remaining standing on the floor markings until called upon by staff.
Staff urges residents and vendors to consider online, mail or telephone options whenever possible. In addition, there is a drop box located outside of City Hall that can be used for utility payments, tax returns or providing documents such as permits and applications. The drop box is emptied several times a day during normal business hours.
“Sidney City Hall will remain open to the public from 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. Monday through Friday. While city staff will be available by telephone until 5:00 p.m., the last hour of the day will be devoted to cleaning and sanitizing work and public spaces in preparation for the next work day,” City Manager Mark Cundiff reported.
Cundiff added, “We appreciate everyone’s patience and understanding as we comply with the pandemic requirements while continuing to serve our citizens in the safest way possible.”
For additional information about how the COVID-19 pandemic as it pertains to city operations, please visit the city’s COVID-19 Update website at: www.sidneyoh.com/465/COVID-19-Update.