March 18, 2020
City Offices Closed to Public
“The health and safety of our residents and employees are of highest priority to us,” stated City Manager Mark Cundiff. “To help combat the spread of COVID-19 city facilities will be closed to the public starting this afternoon Wednesday, March 18, 2020, until further notice. The exceptions to this rule are the lobbies to the Sidney Police Department and Sidney Fire Station 1. For emergency situations protocols are in place in both the police and fire departments to allow communication between parties with protective barriers in place.”
“We understand that closure of City Hall will impact residents looking for help applying for permits or help with their income tax returns, paying utility bills or setting up new utility service. A majority of the applications and forms are available on the city’s website and staff will be available via telephone to answer questions. The city also offers online utility bill payment options and will accept credit card payments over the phone by calling the Revenue Collection Department at 937.498.8114. In addition, there is a drop box available at the front entrance of City Hall when residents may leave their payments, applications and tax returns.”
Earlier this week, the city launched a webpage devoted to updated news on the local efforts, as well as deploying the Community Alert feature on the website www.sidneyoh.com. “At the top of the screen on the home page, visitors will notice a flashing red button and recent issued alerts. By clicking on the flashing red button, user will be brought to the Alert Center. I encourage local residents to subscribe to the service to instantly receive new alert messages directly to their mobile phones or inbox as they issued.” Cundiff added.
He continued, “As the situation continues to evolve with new guidance issued daily, the city has been forced to cancel and/or postpone several public events. Again, please stay tuned to the city’s website and our social media outlets for updated cancellation/closures.”
As of Wednesday, March 18, 2020, the following events or activities on city property have been postponed or cancelled:
• Sidney Planning Commission Meeting – Friday, March 20 – Cancelled.
• Sidney Police Department Citizens Police Academy - Postponed.
• Sidney Police Department R.A.D. Class - Postponed.
• Sidney Police Department Tours - Cancelled until further notice
• U.S. Army Field Band Jazz Ambassadors Concert – April 3 - Cancelled
• All league activities at city parks have been suspended for 30 days and will be reviewed again before April 16. This includes: Sidney Amateur Baseball, Shelby County Youth Soccer, Sidney City Schools baseball and softball as well as the following activities:
Adult softball tournament at Flanagan Sports complex, March 28
Multiple Sclerosis MS-Walk at Geib Pavilion and Ferguson Circle in Tawawa Park, April 11
Sidney First United Methodist Church, Easter Service at Geib Pavilion in Tawawa Park, April 12
Sidney First United Methodist Church, Easter egg hunt at Julia Lamb, April 12
• Area Energy and Electric 5K – May 30 - Cancelled
• Tree City USA Awards Program – April 17 – Postponed to June 19