March 17, 2020
Sidney Municipal Court Issues Order in Response to COVID-19
The Sidney Municipal Court is open as we continue to deal with the impacts of the COVID-19 pandemic. The following information concerns the status of the Court's operations:
1. Criminal and traffic arraignments will be continued for at least forty-five (45) days.
2. In cases in which the defendant previously waived his/her right to a speedy trial, all proceedings (pretrials, status hearings, show cause hearings and trials) will be continued for at least six (6) weeks.
3. All civil trials, including small claims hearings, will be continued for six (6) weeks.
4. All eviction hearings will be continued for at least three (3) weeks. All hearings currently scheduled on or after April 13, 2020 shall remain as currently scheduled.
5. Garnishment hearings and preliminary hearings will proceed uninterrupted.
6. All other scheduled hearings will be rescheduled and a notice of the new court date will be sent to the address the Court has on file.
7. The Court will continue to see the majority of jailed defendants via video conferencing. The Court will continue to make every effort to minimize the number of prisoners in jail.