The mission of the Urban Forestry Program is to provide the mechanism to manage its municipal forest in a structured and effective manner.
In 1989, City Council adopted a comprehensive Tree Ordinance that outlines not only the duties of the City Tree Board, but also provides the framework for the Urban Forestry Program.
As a part of the program, Chapter 905 of the Codified Ordinance outlines the Urban Forestry Program requirements.
In recognition of the city's urban forestry efforts, the Arbor Day Foundation has named Sidney as a Tree City USA community each year since 1989.
The lottery trees will be planted in public right-of-way located within the City of Sidney corporation limits.
- Tree lawns within the right-of-way must be 3 feet or larger.
- A site survey of selected winners will be completed by the City’s Arborist to ensure eligibility requirements are met and to determine the type of tree to be planted by the City of Sidney.
- Deadline to enter is noon October 6, 2023. Winners will be drawn and announced the same day.
- Entries are limited to one per property location.
2023 Tree Lottery Winners include:
- Rob Brinkman - 3046 Summer Field Trail
- George Hickman - 250 King Court
- Linda Preece - 873 St Marys Avenue
- Bill Moloney - 1204 Erie Court
- Charlotte Morgan - 709 Kathy Avenue
- James Oates- 876 Foraker Avenue
- Susan Dunson - 1100 Norwood Drive