The Records Department is responsible for maintaining all Police Department records, including:
- Arrest Reports
- Calls for Service
- Incident Reports
- Motor Vehicle Accident Reports
Most reports are made available within 48 to 72 hours after they were taken. It is suggested that you email the Records Department for availability and complete the public records request form.
The Records Department charges $.05 per page for copies of reports.
How to Obtain Reports
Requests for copies of reports can be obtained:
- In-person at the Records Department during normal business hours.
- By mail, addressed to:
Sidney Police Department
Attention: Records Department
201 W Poplar Street
Sidney, OH 45365
All requests sent by mail should include a written request with a self-addressed stamped envelope and payment for copies of report(s).
- Motor vehicle accident reports can be retrieved online at www.publicsafety.ohio.gov
- Click on Crash Reports under Quick Links
- Click on Crash Report Search
- Launch Crash Reports Search
- In the Crash Retrieval Module, input the required fields (County & date of crash)
- Click Get Report and select the requested accident
*Private Property Accident Reports are not available online
The Records Department also provides local Record Checks. Record checks can be obtained at the Business Office by completing a Request for Criminal Arrest/Traffic Record form and the cost is $3 per individual. Record Checks are local and will only reflect any criminal arrests or traffic citations issued by the Sidney Police Department.Ohio Public Records Act. The Sidney Police Department complies with the Ohio Public Records Act when fulfilling requests for public records.