Presiding Judge: Duane Goettemoeller
Located: 110 West Court
201 W. Poplar St.
Sidney, Ohio 45365
Phone: (937) 498-0011
Open Monday - Friday 8:00AM - 4:30 PM
You may apply for your marriage license at the Shelby County Probate Court on the second floor of the Shelby County Courthouse. The telephone number for Probate Court is 937-498-7263
Weddings are performed by appointment only Monday through Friday at 8:15 a.m. At least one of the parties must be a Shelby County resident and you must have purchased your marriage license prior to calling to schedule your appointment.
- There is a $50.00 fee for the wedding, payable at the clerk’s window following the ceremony.
- You must bring your marriage license with you on the day of your appointment. If you do not have these documents with you the ceremony cannot be performed.
- If you plan to exchange rings, please bring them with you to the ceremony.
- You MAY bring family and/or friends with you, but you are not required to bring anyone else.
- The ceremony will most likely take place in the Courtroom, but the Judge may decide to perform it in his chambers.
- Please call Cathy Johnson at 937-498-8710 to schedule your appointment with the Judge. You may be given further instructions at this time.