415 S. Vandemark Rd.
Mail: 201 W. Poplar St.
Sidney, OH 45365
Parks and Recreation Director:
Phone: (937) 498-8105
Fax: (937) 498-8109
Facilities Maintenance Supervisor:
Phone: (937) 498-8156
Phone: (937) 498-8155
Phone: (937) 498-2335 (Ext. 8455)
320 East North St.
Map of Julia Lamb Park
This park has a paved walking track, multipurpose field, shelter, and play structure.
6:00AM - 10:00PM
• Multipurpose field used for football and soccer
• Play Equipment
HISTORY (Research completed by Cheryl Michaels and Janet Ross 2009)
In 1913 Julia Lamb, widow of local businessman James Lamb, donated land east of and adjacent to the newly-erected Sidney High School located on East North Street. Mrs. Lamb’s wishes were that the land be forever used as a playground for the young people of the school district. The land was used as the high school football field for many years. According to the agreement between Mrs. Lamb and the Sidney Board of Education, if her wishes were not honored, the property would go to the nearby Presbyterian Church of which Julia Lamb was a member.
After the construction of a new high school, the building on North Street became known as Bridgeview Middle School, and the donated land continued as home to the Sidney Yellow Jacket football team until 2004. In that year, the new football stadium opened on the high school campus. The Bridgeview building was razed in that same year when the Middle School was moved to a new building on Fair Road.
The Sidney Board of Education donated the land, including the old football field, to the City of Sidney to be used as a park, thereby fulfilling Mrs. Lamb’s original wishes for the use of her gift. Julia Lamb Park located at 320 East North Street has a paved walking track and a multipurpose field. It was renamed Julia Lamb Park in 2006.