415 S. Vandemark Rd.
Mail: 201 W. Poplar St.
Sidney, OH 45365
Parks and Recreation Director:
Phone: (937) 498-8105
Fax: (937) 498-8109
Facilities Maintenance Supervisor:
Phone: (937) 498-8156
Phone: (937) 498-8155
Phone: (937) 498-2335 (ext. 8455)
If being outdoors is what you call a great time, you're going to love Sidney. The parks in Sidney have everything you need nearby: 450 acres of lush parklands including the 226 acre nature preserve known as Tawawa Park, roughly 16 miles of dual use and nature trails throughout the parks system, 18 neighborhood parks which are within ¼ mile of most residences, teeming sports complexes for both youth and adult leagues and a 612,000 gallon aquatic facility with a 30’ high, 295’ long spiral and speed waterslide to cool you off in the hot Ohio summers.
The Parks and Recreation mission is to improve community facilities, especially parks, youth and senior centers, schools and cultural arts. The main focus is to improve community services with regard to safety, education, recreation, and public health.
The eight major objectives for the Parks and Recreation Department include:
1. Utilizing the Miami River corridor
2. Developing a walkway/bikeway system linking parks and neighborhoods
3. Establishing guidelines for future park planning
4. Determining recreational facility needs
5. Promoting passive open space development
6. Expanding recreational programming
7. Inventory/analyzing existing parks
8. Updating park development standards