Code Enforcement Officer: Kirby King
201 W. Poplar St.
Sidney, OH 45365
Phone: (937) 498-8133
Community Services Director:
Barbara Dulworth, AICP
The Code Enforcement Department is responsible for the enforcement of the City's nuisance and property maintenance ordinances. This would include ordinances dealing with issues such as trash, litter, junk motor vehicles, and the City's exterior paint ordinance. The Code Enforcement Department also works closely with other local inspectors including Fire, Building, and Health.
City's Ordinance Chapter 553 --Weeds
Weed Waiver Application
Paint the Town Brochure
The Code Enforcement Office has incorporated the City's Ordinance Chapter 553 Weeds. Below is a summary of the new Weed Ordinance approved by City Council to take effect on Tuesday, March 13, 2012. The entire Ordnance can be found on the City's Code of Ordinance page. Questions can be addressed to the Code Enforcement office via email, email@example.com, or by calling (937) 498-8133.
- Mowing season: March 1 thru December 31
- Violations: Grass over twelve inches, noxious weeds, or untended, rank, and unmanaged growth of vegetation
- Notification to owner/occupant of existing violations: Place notice on property with a yard sign and/or notice taped to window, and mail written notice via regular mail.
- Compliance Time: Violations must be corrected within 7 days
- Failure to comply within 7 days: City's Contractor will correct violation. Owners will be assessed an hourly rate plus the following fee: 1st violation = $50; 2nd violation = $75; 3rd+ violation = $100
- Vacant lot policies:
- Residential zoned lots must be entirely maintained.
- Commercial/industrial lots adjacent to 2 or more residential-use lots must be entirely maintained.
- Commercial/industrial lots adjacent to less than 2 residential-use lots must be mowed twice per year, once between May 1 and July 31, and once between August 1 and October 31, in addition to maintaining 25 feet from each edge of pavement at all times.
- Waiver Application: An owner may request a waiver from the Code Enforcement Department or by visiting the City's web page, concerning the maintenance of the 12 inch grass height in cases such as, but not limited to: steep terrain, wetlands, wooded areas, and undeveloped lots. Waivers may be granted in cases where strict application would result in an undue hardship or practical difficulty. Waivers will not be accepted on the grounds of convenience or profit, and under no circumstance would the City waive the requirements to remove noxious weeds.